Bright Future Program
The Bright Future Program is specifically designed to assist participants in regaining self-esteem, self-worth and self-reliance, as well as providing the tools to establish a Bright Future.
The course provides an introduction to the Six Pillars of Mental Wellness and how they can become a solid foundation for a happy and successful life. Explaining how each pillar alone is not effective but together and in sequence they provide the basis for a Bright Future.
6 Pillars of Mental Wellness
- Spirituality - believing in a higher power, seeking and accepting spiritual help, and developing the belief that God is for us not against us. The goal is to recognize that there is a plan for each individual life, and that knowing and realizing that plan, a Bright Future is in store.
- Relationships - learning the importance of creating, developing and nurturing positive relationships with caregivers, family and friends. The goal is to bring the best out in people in all of our relationships.
- Family - learning that having a family is not limited to blood relatives, but can encompass anyone who accepts you for who you are. The goal is to create a sense of belonging.
- Physical / Mental Health - learning that fitness, nutrition, and personal care are essential to physical and mental wellness. The goal is to provide the knowledge base for living as healthy a life as we can for as long as possible.
- Career / Vocation – helping to understand that choosing a career or vocation that meets your individual needs is very rewarding. The goal is to bring out the passion for the things you love to do. Whether it is paid or volunteering.
- Finances - learning how to take responsibility for your own finances and the freedom and joy it can bring. True financial success is not measured by dollars in a bank account; rather it is having the ability to do what you want, when you want, with whom you want. The goal in finances is to get out of debt and build wealth.
Bill is launching a 6-week webinar series based on his Bright Future Program. This program has the goal of helping participants on their recovery journey toward mental health. Each week Bill will focus on 1 of each of the 6 pillars of recovery outlined above. Content includes expert interviews, downloadable self-help guides, a participant workbook, and much more! Stay tuned for the official launch!
The Cottages on Mountain Creek
For those of you living near or visiting the Atlanta, Georgia area, Bill MacPhee has partnered with The Cottages on Mountain Creek to offer the “Bright Future” Program. This program is specifically designed to assist participants regain self-esteem, self-worth and self-reliance, as well as providing the tools to establish a “Bright Future”. The course is also wrapped around The Cottage’s Clinical and Adjunct Therapies, as well our Vocational Out-Reach Rehabilitation Program.
All participants will receive individual counseling with Bill MacPhee, as well as through The Cottage’s Clinical Team. The Program lasts four months with participants attending sessions two days per week. Participants may enter the program at any time. They will be introduced to the program and its objectives, as well as its motivational message.
The Cottages on Mountain Creek is a not-for-profit that has been developed on the belief that mental illness encompasses the entire physical and mental well-being. Their approach to well-being is placed on a balance of diet and exercise, a wide variety of programming, evidence-based psychiatric treatment, integrated medical care, research and education. They service adults aged 18 and older living with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar disorder, major depression and OCD, as well as and other forms of mental illness. The Mission of The Cottages is to promote stabilization and recovery from the effects of mental illness through therapies geared toward thinking, behavior, relationships and the ability to maintain gainful employment.
For More Information on The Cottages on Mountain Creek and their offering of the Bright Future Program:
Visit their website (cottagesonmountaincreek.com).